Join us for dinner, dancing, drinks, and lots of fun at the BHPA Night at the Museum Fundraiser to benefit the BHPA and Hope’s Door.
WHO: Current and former BHPA Members and their friends
WHEN: Saturday, June 3rd at 7:30pm
WHERE: Neuberger Museum at Purchase College, 735 Anderson Hill Road in Purchase
COST: Tickets are $100 each and will benefit the BHPA and Hope’s Door. Each ticket includes a one year museum membership
TO PURCHASE TICKETS:
IF YOU CANNOT JOIN US BUT WOULD LIKE TO DONATE, CLICK BELOW:
Kindergarten School Orientation Sessions, fondly known as S.O.S., is an orientation program that runs monthly from January through May for children entering kindergarten at the Coman Hill Elementary School in September 2017. If you haven’t signed up, Click here to register.
Held at Coman Hill Elementary School, this program introduces children to the school before the school year begins, promoting a feeling of comfort and familiarity among the incoming kindergartners.
Monthly activities include visits to the library, cafeteria and art room, a bus safety demonstration, and a ride on the school bus. Each drop-off session runs approximately 45 minutes, from 3:45-4:30p.m. Children are expected to attend on the same day of the week each month so the can see familiar faces in both the children and the Preschool Association members who run the sessions.
For your planning and/or reference, click here to see the BYRAM HILLS SCHOOL DISTRICT 2016-2017 SCHOOL CALENDAR (Adopted: March 1, 2016)
For further questions, please contact the school district directly.
For your reference & reading enjoyment, books previously discussed were:
- 2013 July/August: “Me Before You” by Jojo Moyes.
- October: “And the Mountains Echoed” by Khaled Hosseini (author of the “The Kite Runner” and “A Thousand Splendid Suns”)
- November: “Life after Life” by Kate Atkinson
- Dec/Jan: “Goldfinch” by Donna Tartt
- 2014 Feb: “The Interestings” by Meg Wolitzer
- March: “The Husband’s Secret” by Liane Moriarty
- April: “The Silent Wife” by A. S. A. Harrison
- May: “Where’d You Go, Bernadette” by Maria
- October: Reconstructing Amelia” by Kimberly McCreight
- November: The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin
- 2015 January: The Husband’s Secret by Liane Moriarty
- March: Love Walked In by Marisa de los Santos
- April: Everything I Never Told You by Celeste Ng
- May: The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins
- September: LUCKIEST GIRL ALIVE BY JESSICA KNOLL
- November: Last Letter from Your Lover by JoJo Moyes
- 2016 January: “The Night Circus” by Erin Morgenstern
- February: “A Man called Ove” by Fredrik Backman
- March: “Rigged: The True Story of an Ivy League Kid Who Changed the World of Oil from Wall Street to Dubai” by Ben Mezrich
- April: “Be Frank with Me” by Julia Claiborne Johnson
- June- “The Two Family House” by Lynda Cohen Loigman
Kindergarten School Orientation Sessions, fondly known as S.O.S., is an orientation program that runs monthly from January through May for children entering kindergarten at the Coman Hill Elementary School in September 2017.
The program is only open to paid BHPA members and introduces children to the school well before the school year begins, promoting a feeling of comfort and familiarity among the incoming kindergartners.
For more information and to secure your spot in the program, check back for updates in November.
Are you new to the area and eager to meet other parents in town? Are you a first-time parent looking for friends to share your stories with? Or are you a parenting veteran but would like to find playmates for your younger children? The BHPA is here to help you and your child make new friends and expand your social circle. A BHPA playgroup is lots of fun and easy to join!
Each child is placed with his or her age group, based on a convenient day and time. Playgroups for nannies can also be arranged based on interest.
Please go to the BHPA website at http://www.bhpa.info/links/playgroup-sign-up-form/ for more information and to sign up for a playgroup.
Are you worried about your toddler’s speech? Does your child have trouble focusing or concentrating? Do you have concerns about your child’s overly aggressive behavior?
Do you want to get them evaluated but don’t know what to do?
You have someone to talk to at the BHPA.C.H.I.L.D is a parent network within the Byram Hills PTSA that provides support for the various emotional and educational needs of our children. It’s a great resource – especially to just talk with other parents that may be going through similar issues. All communication is confidential.
For more information click here
We look forward to hosting fun ways to keep us all active! Activities in 2014-2015 included a 5K charity run/walk, a nutrition night, Stroller Strides classes, and more! If you have an idea that you want to suggest, email Lindsay Brand at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We now have a new Facebook page run by the BHPA Health and Fitness Committee called BHPA (BE HEALTHY, POSITIVE & ACTIVE). It is all about helping each other stay motivated, find workout partners, ‘workout buddies,’ share healthy or new recipe ideas and be positive influences on each other. PLEASE contact Lindsay at email@example.com to get sent an invite to join the private group. It is only through Facebook and you must be a Facebook member.