BHPA Resources to stay connected
- Facebook – Visit us on Facebook! – We will post event details & reminders as well as occasional “PSA” type information for our Byram Hills area community here. We do ask that people refrain from heavy-duty political discussions and personal insults. If you’d like to discuss something in-depth with someone, ask for their email address so that you can pursue the topic off line.
Ongoing, personal consultations/conversations available.
C.H.I.L.D. (Children Having Individual Life Differences) is a parent network that educates, creates awareness and provides support for the various emotional and educational needs of our children. C.H.I.L.D hosts exciting and informative community programs and provides support to families throughout the Byram Hills School District, from preschool through high school.
For more information or to speak with our preschool liaison for C.H.I.L.D, contact BHPACHILDliaison@gmail.com
You can also contact firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.
If you have questions or think your child might need extra services – either Early Intervention (“EI”, for 0-3yr olds) or CPSE (for 3-5yr olds) please feel free to contact BHPACHILDliaison@gmail.com for some help and guidance at any time. All conversations are kept fully confidential.
Please note that all CHILD events, coffees, meetings etc. are for parents of all children, whether you have a child with “special needs” or not – we all need a little advice sometimes!
In addition, check out the following resources:
- Byram Hills Special Education webpage: http://www.byramhills.org/curriculum.cfm?subpage=683
- C.H.I.L.D. website: http://www.bhptsa.org/resources/c-h-i-l-d/
- Parent Guide to Special Education
- Identify the signs of communication disorders – ASHA: http://identifythesigns.org/